SKILLED & TRAINED
“Skilled and Trained Workforce” means a workforce that meets certain conditions, including specified apprenticeship completion requirements.
If you have graduated apprenticeship or are currently enrolled in the apprenticeship Program in Northern California you do not need to submit below for Skilled and Trained verification.
If you do not have record of your apprenticeship you can select the below "CLICK HERE" link to search the Division of Apprenticeship Standards (DAS). Apprenticeship status certification for public works.
If you believe that your apprenticeship record should be reported as registered and is not; please contact your local office of the
Division of Apprenticeship Standards.
Frequently Asked Questions on Skilled & Trained Workforce (“STW”) Requirement
DO YOU MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA?
- Did NOT graduate Apprenticeship or are not a current apprentice
- 7,200 Craft-Related on-the-job hours within the last 6-years and a minimum of 48 months of work experience for the occupations of: Carpenter, Acoustical Installer, Drywall/Lather, Millwright, Pile Driver, Scaffold Erector, and Mill & Cabinetmaker.
- 6,000 Craft-Related on-the-job hours within the last 5-years and a minimum of 36 months of work experience for the occupations of: Hardwood Floor Layer Installer and Insulation Installer.
- 4,800 Craft-Related on-the-job hours within the last 4-years and a minimum of 24 months of work experience for the occupations of: Shingler and Modular Office Installer.
- A Union Member in good standing with the NorCal Carpenters Union with a minimum of 2,400 hours reported to the Carpenter Funds Administrative Office of Northern California
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR
SKILLED AND TRAINED CERTIFICATION
For verification of eligibility for Skilled & Trained Certification
Please fill out the information below and someone will contact you
You must have a VALID UBC ID number and be a Nor Cal Carpenters member in good standing